Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:05 AM EDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 8 PM this evening
to 8 PM EDT Saturday...
* locations... higher elevations of the North Carolina mountains
and far southwestern Virginia.
* Hazard types... heavy snow for higher elevations.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches... with
locally higher amounts above elevations of 3500 feet.
* Timing... Friday evening through Saturday evening.
* Impacts... locally heavy snow... in addition to strong winds...
will down some trees and cause power outages. Roads will
become slick at higher elevations.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. Highest
gusts will occur mainly on Saturday afternoon and evening.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning
- Georgia - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Frost Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- - Gale Warning