Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Northern Wasatch Front
Statement as of 3:10 AM MDT on November 01, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM MDT this evening...
* affected area... the Sanpete and Sevier valleys... the southern
and northern Wasatch front... the Wasatch Mountain valleys... and
the Cache Valley.
* Winds... southerly winds will continue to increase early this
morning with wind prone areas seeing gusts in excess of 40 mph.
The strongest winds with gusts around 50 mph are forecast to
develop around sunrise Saturday across the Sanpete and Sevier
valleys... shifting northeast across the state through the day.
Winds will diminish late in the day then drop off this evening.
* Impacts... strong cross winds are forecast across west to east
routes which may make high profile vehicles difficult to
control. Local reduced visibility is possible in blowing dust.
Light weight loose items may become airborne. Wind sensitive
operations may be affected.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
31 mph or gusts of 45 mph are expected. Motorists in the advisory
area should be prepared for sudden gusty cross winds which can
make driving difficult.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
Statement as of 6:40 PM MDT on October 31, 2014
... Record high maximum temperatures reported for October 31st...
Station new record old record year
Brigham City 71 tied 71 1962
Cedar City 73 tied 73 2012
Provo byu 78 75 2012
Salt Lake city* 77 76 2012
*this is the latest date that a temperature this warm has been
observed in Salt Lake City. Records for Salt Lake City begin
... Record high minimum temperatures reported for October 31st...
Station new record old record year
Laketown 46 39 1917
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New York - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Warning
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory