Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 4:17 AM CDT on May 29, 2015
Expires 6:25 PM EDT on May 31, 2015
... Flood Warning extended until Sunday afternoon... the Flood Warning
continues for the Colorado River in Wharton
* until Sunday afternoon... or until the warning is canceled.
* At 0315 am Friday the stage was 40.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 39.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is expected to crest at major flood stage
between 44 and 45 feet on Saturday morning. The crest should
occur two days after the crest at Columbus.
* At 44.0 feet... the school in southwest Wharton is isolated and many
homes in the west part of Wharton are flooded.
Lat... Lon 2957 9636 2930 9605 2910 9599 2910 9609 2930 9616 2957 9647
flood observed forecast 6 PM
location stage stage day time Sat sun Mon Tue
Wharton 39 40.0 Fri 03 am 43.6 42.2 32.0 23.1
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:26 AM CDT on May 29, 2015
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on May 29, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect until noon CDT today...
The National Weather Service in Houston/Galveston has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of southeast Texas... including
the following counties... Austin... Brazoria... Brazos...
Burleson... Chambers... Colorado... Fort Bend... Galveston...
Grimes... Harris... Houston... Jackson... Liberty... Madison...
Matagorda... Montgomery... Polk... San Jacinto... Trinity...
Walker... Waller... Washington and Wharton.
* Until noon CDT today
* a slow moving outflow boundary will serve as a focus for showers
and thunderstorms this morning. Rainfall rates are not
tremendously heavy but there is potential for storms to move
over the same areas repeatedly yielding higher rainfall totals
and increasing the potential for flash flooding.
* Soils are saturated and rivers remain very high from recent
rains and any additional rain could lead to flash flooding this
morning. Areas west of a Huntsville to Sugar Land to Bay City
line could receive between 2 and 4 inches of rain this morning
with lighter totals expected east of this line.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 5:00 AM CDT on May 29, 2015
Expires 6:45 AM EDT on May 29, 2015
... Significant weather advisory for southern Wharton... southeastern
Jackson and west central Matagorda counties until 545 am CDT...
At 459 am CDT... Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm over
Magnolia Beach... or 7 miles southeast of Port Lavaca... moving north
at 35 mph.
Winds in excess of 40 mph will be possible with this storm.
Locations impacted include...
Edna... Ganado... La Ward... Lolita... Blessing... lake texana dam and
Torrential rainfall is also occurring with this storm... and may lead
to flash flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded
This storm may intensify... so be certain to monitor local radio and
TV stations... as well as local cable TV outlets... for additional
information and possible warnings from the National Weather Service.
To report severe weather... contact your nearest law enforcement
agency. They will relay your report to the National Weather Service
office in League City .
If on or near lake texana... get out of the water and move indoors or
inside a vehicle. Remember... lightning can strike out to 15 miles
from the parent thunderstorm. If you can hear thunder... you are
close enough to be struck by lightning. Move to safe shelter now. Do
not be caught on the water in a thunderstorm.
Lat... Lon 2873 9639 2874 9641 2872 9643 2874 9643
2872 9644 2871 9643 2871 9657 2870 9658
2873 9659 2871 9665 2874 9667 2874 9666
2876 9667 2878 9670 2910 9665 2893 9619
2867 9633 2868 9639
time... Mot... loc 0959z 200deg 30kt 2855 9652
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- California - Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Maryland - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Warning
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Record Report