Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:36 PM CDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Freeze warning remains in effect from 11 PM this evening to 10 am
A freeze warning is in effect...
For the following counties...
* in Oklahoma... Cherokee... Adair... creek... Okfuskee... Okmulgee...
Wagoner... Tulsa... Rogers... Mayes... Delaware... Pawnee... Ottawa...
Pushmataha... Choctaw... Washington... Osage... Craig... Nowata...
Pittsburg... Sequoyah... McIntosh... Muskogee... Le Flore... Latimer
In Arkansas... Washington... Madison... Crawford... Benton...
Sebastian... Carroll and Franklin.
* a cold Canadian airmass will be over the region tonight. Clear
skies... and winds becoming light or calm overnight will result
in a widespread freeze for all eastern Oklahoma... and west
central and northwest Arkansas. Temperatures will fall into the
lower to mid 20s north of Interstate 40 and in valleys of
southeast Oklahoma. Most areas south of Interstate 40 will be
in the mid to upper 20s.
* these conditions will kill plants and other tender vegetation
that are left outdoors or unprotected.
* if you have plants... small trees or other tender vegetation
which could be harmed by a freeze... take the time now to
protect them. Potted plants normally left outdoors should be
covered or brought inside away from the cold. Also be sure to
bring your small pets indoors. Outdoor pets should have a
warm... dry shelter with sufficient food and fresh water.
* Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial radio or television
for the latest information concerning this weather event.
Additional weather information can also be found at:
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Record Report
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Gale Warning