Current Watches and Warnings
New York, Southeast Warren
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:44 AM EST on January 25, 2015
Expires 1:00 AM EST on January 28, 2015
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Monday afternoon through
late Tuesday night...
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter Storm
Watch... which is in effect from Monday afternoon through late
* Locations... the Schoharie valley... eastern Catskills... greater
capital region... the Lake George Saratoga region... Taconics... Mid
Hudson valley of east central New York... southern
Vermont... western Massachusetts... and northwest Connecticut.
* Hazard types... heavy snow.
* Snow accumulations... ranging from 7 to 10 inches across the
southeast Adirondacks and Lake George Saratoga region... to
around 20 inches across the Litchfield Hills... with most areas
receiving between 8 and 16 inches.
* Maximum snowfall rates... 2 to 3 inches per hour.
* Timing... snow will overspread the region from southwest to
northeast Monday afternoon... and will continue heavy at times
Monday night into Tuesday... before gradually tapering off late
* Impacts... treacherous travel conditions due to snow covered
roadways and poor visibilities. Blowing and drifting snow will
also be likely. Some roads may become impassable.
* Winds... north to northeast at 15 to 25 mph... with some gusts up
to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... mainly in the teens Monday and Tuesday night... and
in the teens to lower 20s Tuesday.
* Visibilities... frequently below one half of a mile in falling
and blowing snow.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Statement as of 4:57 AM EST on January 25, 2015
Expires 5:45 AM EST on January 25, 2015
... Snow squalls in Washington... Warren and Saratoga counties...
At 450 am EST... snow squalls were detected by radar. These snow
squalls were located near Corinth... or about 11 miles west of Glens
Falls... and moving east at 25 mph.
The snow squalls will be near...
West Glens Falls by 510 am EST
Glens Falls by 515 am EST
Fort Edward and Hudson Falls by 525 am EST
Snow squalls producing a 15 to 30 minute period of heavy snow and
near white out conditions can be expected. Generally an inch or less
of snow will accumulate... but the severity of the snow squalls will
significantly reduce visibility and cause extremely hazardous driving
Lat... Lon 4339 7341 4317 7341 4319 7394 4337 7394
time... Mot... loc 0956z 270deg 22kt 4328 7381
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory
- American Samoa - Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Delaware - Winter Storm Watch
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch , Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Winter Storm Watch , Blizzard Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Oregon - Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory
- Rhode Island - Blizzard Watch , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory
- Vermont - Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report