Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Ruby Mountains and East Humboldt Range
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:36 AM PDT on September 05, 2015
... August climatological summary for northeastern and central
1-3 August - subtropical moisture brought showers and thunderstorms to
central Nevada with heavy rain. Localized flash flooding was reported.
Temperatures were near normal.
4-6 August - a weak low pressure system brought showers and thunderstorms
with gusty winds to northern Nevada.
7-10 August - a low pressure system brought moisture into northern and
central Nevada with widespread rainfall. Flash flooding and severe weather
was reported around the the area on the 7th.
11-14 August - subtropical moisture resulted in showers and thunderstorms.
15-23 August - dry with temperatures slightly above normal. Smoke and haze
occurred between the 18th and 21st.
24-31 August - temperatures were above normal through the 29th. Subtropical
moisture moved from south to north across the area. Scattered showers and
thunderstorms developed across eastern Nevada. Gusty winds occurred on the
29th and 30th.
The tables below summarize the weather at four of our Airport
climate sites during the period. Temperatures are in degrees
fahrenheit... while precipitation is in inches.
... average temperature statistics...
location temperature from normal rank
Elko Airport 71.5 3.3 7th warmest
Ely Airport 66.1 1.9 20th warmest
Tonopah Airport 75.1 2.6 7th warmest
Winnemucca Airport 70.3 0.3 57th warmest
... total precipitation statistics...
total departure percent
location precipitation from normal normal rank
Elko Airport 0.63 0.26 170% 23rd wettest
Ely Airport 0.54 -0.36 60% 43rd driest
Tonopah Airport 0.22 -0.29 43% 29th driest
Winnemucca Airport 0.23 0.05 127% 23rd wettest
... daily record statistics...
daily daily new old old
location record date record type value value year
Tonopah airport08/20 record Max temp 96 95 2009
... period of record...
Elko Airport - 1930 to present, with discontinuous downtown data
from a cooperative station back to 1888.
Ely Airport - 1938 to present, with discontinuous downtown data from
a cooperative station back to 1893.
Tonopah Airport - 1954 to present, with downtown data excluded due
to large elevation differences between downtown and the Airport.
Winnemucca Airport - 1949 to present, with downtown data from a
Weather Bureau/Army signal corps station back to 1877.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning , High Surf Warning, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement