Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:29 PM CDT on August 27, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Thursday morning...
The National Weather Service in Omaha/valley has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Iowa and Nebraska...
including the following areas... in Iowa... Fremont... Harrison...
Mills... Monona... Montgomery... Page... Pottawattamie and
Shelby. In Nebraska... Boone... Burt... Butler... Cass... Colfax...
Cuming... Dodge... Douglas... Lancaster... Madison... Otoe...
Pierce... Platte... Saline... Sarpy... Saunders... Seward...
Stanton... Thurston... Washington and Wayne.
* Through Thursday morning
* thunderstorms will increase in coverage overnight with locally
* Heavy rain in excess of 1 to 2 inches an hour is possible
overnight. A large area should to 1 to 2 inch amounts with
locally higher amounts in excess of this. As a result... flash
flooding will be possible through Thursday morning... especially
in flood prone areas and near streams and rivers.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement