Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:56 PM MST on December 21, 2014
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 am MST
Monday for elevations above 5500 feet...
A Winter Weather Advisory for elevations above 5500 feet for snow
and blowing snow remains in effect until 5 am MST Monday.
* Timing and main impact: snow will continue over the little
belt... big belt... and Elkhorn Mountains through early Monday.
Mountain passes will become snow covered and icy.
* Snow accumulations: an additional 2 inches of snow is possible
over mountain passes... with an additional 3 to 6 inches of snow over
* Winds and visibility: wind gusts of 20 to 30 mph could reduce
visibilities below 1/2 mile at times in blowing snow.
* Elevations: for elevations above 5500 feet.
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass... Bozeman
Pass... Targhee Pass... West Yellowstone... Big Hole Pass...
Chief Joseph Pass... Monida Pass... Kings Hill Pass...
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.
- Alaska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - High Wind Watch
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Freezing Rain Advisory
- Wisconsin - Special Statement