Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Judith Basin
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 2:20 PM MDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EST on November 03, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening
through Sunday evening...
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening
through Sunday evening.
* Timing and main impact: a strong Fall storm system will affect
much of north-central and southwest Montana with periods of
rain and snow... heavy at times... Saturday evening through
Sunday evening. Rain falling at lower elevations Saturday
night is likely to change to snow at all elevations early
Sunday morning. The timing of this change from rain to snow
will determine lower elevation snow accumulation.
* Snow accumulations: mountain areas above 5500 feet have the
potential for 5 to 10 inches of storm total snowfall... with
isolated amounts over one foot. Locations below 5500 feet
could have 1 to 4 inches of snow... depending on the timing
at which rain changes to snow. Snowfall amounts greater than
4 inches could occur over portions of the north-Central
Plains if rain changes to snow earlier Saturday night.
* Winds and visibility: north winds of 10 to 20 mph are
possible at lower elevations... while 20 to 30 mph winds are
possible in the mountains. Heavy wet snow could reduce
visibility to less than one-half mile at times.
* Other impacts: travel may become difficult while snow
accumulates over area passes. Bridges may become snow covered
and icy at all elevations. Heavy wet snow could cause isolated
power outages. Livestock may be at risk of exposure to
* Locations affected include: Fairfield... Choteau... Chester...
White Sulphur Springs... Battle Ridge Pass... Bozeman...
Bozeman Pass... Targhee Pass... West Yellowstone... Stanford...
Conrad... Boulder... Boulder Hill... Elk Park Pass...
Homestake pass... Whitehall... Shelby... Big Sandy... Fort
Benton... Browning... Marias Pass... Havre... Cut Bank...
Townsend... Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass... Big Hole Pass...
Chief Joseph Pass... Dillon... Monida Pass... Flesher Pass...
Helena... Lincoln... MacDonald Pass... Rogers Pass... Ennis...
Norris Hill... Raynolds Pass... Twin Bridges
* to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Statement as of 2:04 AM EDT on November 01, 2014
...Record Warm Maximum Temperatures For Oct 31 In North Central
&Nbsp;&Nbsp;&Nbsp;And Southwest Montana...
Location new record old record year set
Bozeman msu 70 69 1990
Belgrade field 71 70 2012
Dillon Airport 69 68 1988
Millegan 67 65 1987
Wisdom 63 (tied) 63 1965
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New York - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Warning
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory