Current Watches and Warnings
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 4:49 AM CDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am CDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a dense
fog advisory... which is in effect until 9 am CDT this morning.
* Short term trends... visibilities across the advisory area will
drop to less than a quarter mile at times. Fog is most
widespread around the Lake of The Ozarks region and points south
toward Interstate 44 and Fort Leonard Wood.
* Timing and areas affected... areas east of a line from Osceola to
Marshfield to West Plains through 9 am.
* Visibility... visibilities will drop to a quarter mile or less at
times. Fog will be most widespread in valleys and other low
* Impacts... dense fog will cause visibilities to drop considerably
over short distances. Drivers on area roadways are encouraged to
drive with caution.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:27 AM CDT on September 19, 2014
... WSR-88D radar at Springfield Missouri down for maintenance...
National Weather Service technicians will perform maintenance on
the WSR-88D Doppler radar (ksgf) at Springfield Missouri until
11 am. The radar will be restored to normal operation as soon as
Other Doppler radars close to Springfield include
kinx in Tulsa... kict in Wichita... ktwx in Topeka...
keax in Pleasant Hill/Kansas City... klsx in St. Louis...
kpah in Paducah Kentucky... knqa in Memphis...
klzk in Little Rock and ksrx in Fort Smith Arkansas.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report