Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 4:44 AM CDT on October 02, 2014
Expires 2:15 PM EDT on October 04, 2014
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill MO has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Blackwater river at Valley City.
* From this afternoon to Saturday afternoon.
* At 4:00 am Thursday the stage was 15.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 22.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by this afternoon and continue to
rise to near 24.2 feet by early Friday morning. The river will fall
below flood stage by early Friday afternoon.
* At 22.0 feet... Woodlands and farm fields along the river begin to
location fs stage day/time forecast
Valley city 22 15.4 Thu 04 am 24.2 early Friday morning
lat... Lon 3894 9342 3882 9361 3882 9368 3891 9361 3899 9348
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:02 PM CDT on October 01, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 7 PM CDT this evening through
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of east central Kansas and
Missouri... including the following areas... in east central
Kansas... Linn KS and Miami. In Missouri... Bates... Cass...
Cooper... Henry... Howard... Johnson MO... Pettis and Randolph.
* From 7 PM CDT this evening through Thursday evening
* the potential exists for several rounds of showers and
thunderstorms from tonight through portions of the day on Thursday.
Total rainfall may exceed 2 to 3 inches in localized areas which
may cause areas of flash flooding.
* Flash flooding is possible across the watch area. Significant
ponding of water in urban areas is also possible. Small
streams may rise above their banks and cause flooding of low
lying areas including roadways. Flash flooding at night is
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 1:50 AM CDT on October 02, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at St. Joseph MO...
A record rainfall of 1.95 inches was set at St. Joseph MO yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 1.84 set in 1904.
Local Storm Report
10/01/2014 0215 PM
Knob Noster, Johnson County.
Hail e1.75 inch, reported by public.
10/01/2014 0241 PM
6 miles S of Warrensburg, Johnson County.
Hail e1.00 inch, reported by trained spotter.
10/01/2014 0223 PM
Whiteman Air Force, Johnson County.
Hail e1.00 inch, reported by other federal.
- Arkansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Heat Advisory , Wind Advisory, Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Pennsylvania - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Utah - Freeze Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory