Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:37 PM EDT on September 03, 2015
Expires 4:00 AM EDT on September 04, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect until 4 am EDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of Southeast Michigan...
including the following areas... Bay... Genesee... Huron...
Lapeer... Macomb... Midland... Oakland... Saginaw... Sanilac...
Shiawassee... St. Clair and Tuscola.
* Until 4 am EDT Friday
* additional rounds of heavy rainfall are expected to develop
tonight as an upper level disturbance aloft stalls out over the
region. Radar estimates suggest that rainfall amounts of 2 to 4
inches has already fallen today over portions of the tri cites
region. Lingering instability and a stalled out frontal axis
will support thunderstorm develpoment. Any thunderstorm activity
tonight will be capable of producing torrential rainfall... with
rainfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour possible.
* Urban flooding... especially in the Tri Cities area... will be
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:20 PM EDT on September 03, 2015
Heavy rain reports
Location precip duration
(inches) (hours) lat Lon
... Midland County...
2 S Midland M 4.30 6 43.59n 84.23w
M = measured
E = estimated
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report