Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:19 AM EDT on May 02, 2016
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on May 03, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 10 am EDT this morning
through Tuesday morning...
The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of east central Kentucky...
northeast Kentucky... south central Kentucky and southeast
Kentucky... including the following areas... in east central
Kentucky... Elliott. In northeast Kentucky... Johnson and
Martin. In south central Kentucky... Laurel... McCreary and
Whitley. In southeast Kentucky... Bell... Breathitt... Clay...
Floyd... Harlan... Knott... Knox... Lee... Leslie... Letcher...
Magoffin... Morgan... Owsley... Perry... Pike and Wolfe.
* From 10 am EDT this morning through Tuesday morning
* another round of heavy showers and thunderstorms is expected
across eastern Kentucky this afternoon and evening. Some
rainfall could linger in southeast Kentucky into Tuesday
morning. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are likely... with
locally higher amounts. With the ground already very saturated
and creeks and streams running high... this additional rainfall
could quickly lead to more flash flooding.
* Roads could become blocked or washed out by flash flooding. If
you encounter a flooded Road... be sure to turn around... don't
drown. Houses and businesses in the vicinity of creeks...
streams... and rivers could also be affected by flooding.
Continue to monitor forecasts and any warnings today as
conditions could deteriorate very quickly.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- District of Columbia - Dense Fog Advisory
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Maryland - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement