Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:49 PM EDT on August 04, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 07, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from Wednesday evening
through late Thursday night...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Kentucky... northeast Kentucky... south
central Kentucky and southeast Kentucky... including the
following areas... in east central Kentucky... Bath... Elliott...
Estill... Fleming... Menifee... Montgomery... Powell and Rowan. In
northeast Kentucky... Johnson and Martin. In south central
Kentucky... Laurel... Pulaski and Rockcastle. In southeast
Kentucky... Breathitt... Clay... Floyd... Harlan... Jackson...
Knott... Lee... Leslie... Letcher... Magoffin... Morgan... Owsley...
Perry... Pike and Wolfe.
* From Wednesday evening through late Thursday night
* numerous to widespread thunderstorms will produce heavy to
locally torrential rains at times from Wednesday night into
Thursday evening. Local rainfall amounts may exceed 3 inches
in a short amount of time.
* Flash flooding may result in dangerous conditions on roads
near streams and creeks... and in other flood prone areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maryland - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report