Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Lewiston Area
Statement as of 7:55 PM PDT on July 30, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 31, 2014
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM PDT
... Heat advisory will expire at 8 PM PDT this evening...
* temperatures... lows in the mid 60s. Highs 99 to 105.
* Timing... temperatures will be warmest between 1 PM and 8 PM.
* Locations... Lewiston... Lapwai... Peck... culdescac... Gifford.
* Impacts... hot temperatures will have the potential to create
heat related illnesses. People who are unable to care for
themselves will be at most risk... including Young children and
the elderly. Limit outdoor activities during the afternoon
when temperatures will be warmest. Seek shaded areas often to
cool off and consume plenty of water to keep hydrated.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 911. A heat advisory means that a period
of hot temperatures is expected. The hot temperatures will create
a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of
fluids... stay in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the
sun... and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Statement as of 9:27 PM PDT on July 30, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Wenatchee WA pangborn field...
a record high temperature of 103 degrees was set at Wenatchee WA pangborn field today.
This ties the old record of 103 set in 2003.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report