Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:14 AM CDT on August 29, 2014
Expires 6:15 AM EDT on August 29, 2014
... Scattered thunderstorms are still going to affect locations
between Interstate 80 and Highway 30 through the night...
Although the widespread heavy rain threat has ended... scattered
storms continue to re-develop in the corridor between Interstate
80 and Highway 30. These storms still have the capability to
produce heavy rainfall and although their coverage will be more
hit and miss... they continue to move over an area that received
between 1.5 and 3 inches of rain so far during the evening and
There will undoubtedly be ponded water... full ditches and
standing water to several inches deep in urban streets. Do not
drive across water covered roadways. Turn around... don't drown.
Rises in small streams and creeks are also likely.
Statement as of 2:29 AM CDT on August 29, 2014
... Record daily rainfall for Des Moines on Thursday was broken...
The Des Moines International Airport has reported 3.38 inches of
rainfall for Thursday August 28th. This breaks the previous record
daily rainfall for this date which was 1.74 inches set back in
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:10 AM CDT on August 29, 2014
... NOAA Weather Radio kzz-68 at Van Wert is off the air...
The NOAA Weather Radio transmitter kzz-68 at Van Wert Iowa is off the
air due to a communications or hardware failure. Technicians have
been notified but there is no estimated restore time.
The Van Wert NOAA Weather Radio broadcasts on channel 4... or a
frequency of 162.475 mhz... and services the following counties in
Iowa... Clarke... Decatur... Lucas... Ringgold... Union... and Wayne.
Neighboring transmitters that service some of these counties include
kxi-65 at Lenox broadcasting on channel 3 or 162.450 mhz... wxl-57 at
Des Moines broadcasting on channel 7 or 162.550 mhz... and wxn-91 at
lake Rathbun broadcasting on channel 2 or 162.425 mhz.
We apologize for this interruption and will have service restored as
soon as possible.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement