Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Gulf
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 1:14 AM CDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 4:00 AM EDT on July 29, 2014
... High rip current risk in effect through late tonight...
The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect through late tonight.
* Location... the beaches of Walton... Bay... and Gulf counties.
* Timing... today and tonight.
* Impacts... the combination of westerly winds of 15 to 20 mph and
surf heights of 2 to 3 feet is expected to create a high risk of
dangerous rip currents.
There is a high risk of rip currents. Rip currents are powerful
channels of water flowing quickly away from shore... which occur
most often at low spots or breaks in The Sandbar and in the
vicinity of structures such as groins... jetties and piers. Heed
the advice of lifeguards and the beach patrol. Pay attention to
flags and posted signs. If you become caught in a rip current...
do not panic. Remain calm and begin to swim parallel to shore.
Once you are away from the force of the rip current... begin to
swim back to the beach. Do not attempt to swim directly against a
rip current. Even a strong swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Statement as of 2:05 AM CDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on July 28, 2014
... Heat advisory in effect from 2 PM EDT /1 PM CDT/ this
afternoon to 6 PM EDT /5 PM CDT/ this evening...
The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect from 2 PM EDT /1 PM CDT/ this
afternoon to 6 PM EDT /5 PM CDT/ this evening.
* Heat index... near 108 degrees
* impacts... these conditions will increase the risk of heat
related illnesses... such as heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
A heat advisory means that a period of heat indices between
108 and 112 degrees is expected. The combination of hot
temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a situation
in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids...
stay in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the sun... and check
up on relatives and neighbors.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report