Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Inland Volusia County
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 3:21 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am to 8 PM EDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a lake Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 8 am to 8 PM EDT Saturday.
* Winds... gusty west to northwest winds 20 to 25 mph will kick in
shortly after sunrise on Saturday with occasional gusts to
around 30 mph.
* Impacts... gusty winds over open bodies of water will produce
rough conditions for small vessels. Navigation will be
hazardous over lakes and inland waterways.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:30 AM EDT on November 01, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 6 PM EDT this
evening for most of east central Florida due to gusty winds and
very low humidity...
The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from noon today to 6 PM EDT this
* Affected area... inland Volusia... Northern Lake... Orange...
Seminole... southern Brevard... Osceola... Indian River...
Okeechobee... coastal Volusia... Southern Lake... northern
* Wind... strong west to northwest winds of 15 to 25 mph will
occur this afternoon.
* Humidity... afternoon humidity readings will steadily
fall... reaching the mid 20s to lower 30s for several hours this
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning is issued when very favorable conditions for
the spread of wildfire are occurring now... or will likely occur
within the next 24 hours.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Montana - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Gale Warning