Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, St. Johns
High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:56 AM EDT on October 04, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 04, 2015
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 8 PM EDT this
... High rip current risk remains in effect through this evening...
... Coastal Flood Advisory is cancelled...
The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has cancelled the
coastal Flood Advisory.
* Impacts... surf will remain rough and will support a high risk
of rip currents at area beaches.
* Surf... breakers are expected to be 4 to 7 feet.
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area... producing rip currents and localized beach
erosion. Large breakers can knock you down and make you
susceptible to rip currents. Stay out of the water until
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents will be life threatening.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly. Do not attempt to save
someone in peril if you do not know how to escape rip currents
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - High Surf Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Freeze Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Hampshire - High Surf Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- Ohio - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory