Current Watches and Warnings
California, Ventura County Interior Valleys
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 7:14 PM PDT on September 15, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on September 16, 2014
... Excessive heat warning remains in effect until 7 PM PDT
* heat index... heat index values between 105 and 110 degrees are
expected during the late morning through early evening hours
through Tuesday. Overnight minimum heat index values will be
mostly in the 70s. Heat index values represent how hot it
really feels when relative humidity is factored in with actual
* Impacts... the combination of heat and humidity will create a
dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are possible...
especially for the elderly and youth.
Never... ever... leave people or pets in enclosed vehicles... even
for a short period of time with the windows cracked open.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 911.
Statement as of 5:22 PM PDT on September 15, 2014
... Prelimindary record high temperatures set today in southwestern
a record high temperature of 96 degrees was set at Sandberg CA
today. This breaks the old record of 95 set in 1995.
A record high temperature of 90 degrees was set at Camarillo today.
This ties the old record of 90 set in 2012.
A record high temperature of 107 degrees was set at Woodland Hills
today. This breaks the old record of 106 set in 1989.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Record Report