Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Yuma/Martinez Lake and Vicinity
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 7:52 PM PDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
... Excessive heat warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST /8 PM
An excessive heat warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST /8 PM
* Affected area... the southwest and west-central deserts in
Arizona including Parker... Yuma... Tacna... Gila Bend. The
lower deserts in southeast California including the Imperial
Valley... and the cities of el centro and Blythe.
* Temperature... afternoon temperatures will range from 112 to
117 degrees across the lower deserts on Thursday. Overnight
lows will be very warm... in the upper 80s to low 90s at the
warmest urban sites.
* Impacts... exceedingly high temperatures can cause heat related
illness... including death... more easily than an average Summer
day. Those working or playing outdoors... and those without air
conditioning are most vulnerable. Even healthy individuals are
at risk in these conditions.
Never leave kids or pets unattended in cars. Drink more water
than usual and avoid alcohol... sugar... and caffeine. When
outdoors... wear light colored clothing and a wide-brimmed hat to
keep your head and body cooler. Take frequent rest breaks in
shaded or air conditioned environments. Public places with air
conditioning include libraries... community centers... government
buildings... malls... and special Refuge stations.
Recognize the signs and symptoms of heat illness. Early symptoms
include things such as headache... thirst... and muscle cramps.
Serious symptoms include weakness... skin that is cool to the
touch... fast but weak pulse... nausea... and fainting. Severe
symptoms include hot and red dry skin... fast and strong pulse...
sweating that has stopped... and unconsciousness. Untreated heat
illness can lead to fatal heat stroke.
Stay cool... stay hydrated... stay informed.
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement